Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dreams

Last night I had a dream. It was freaky/weird. Let me tell you about it. But first let me give you some background information.

1. I make fun of my sister Erin for being afraid of whales
2. I am reading Moby Dick
3. I am researching opium for a paper

So, first I am in a church building, and there are lots of people there, no one I know, but I am friends with everyone. We have split up into two teams and are playing some sort of competitive game. I run away into an empty room and start planting opium. This is NOT part of the game. They grow surprisingly fast. I take some, and think, I shouldn't be eating this, but I do. I feel WEIRD, like WEIRD. Some people find me in the room, and they are from the other team so I serenade one of the boys by sitting on his lap and rubbing his head. It works. I develop a crush on said boy.

All of a sudden I am on a boat. There are a few stories and I am working at a store that IS the boat. There is a huge hole in one of the stories and its freaky. I go downstairs after taking care of some people upstairs, and I wonder where is that boy I serenaded? He was cute and had a beardy. Then I talk to the manager, who is my friend and Captain Ahab's wife. Ahab is standing next to us when we hear from an unidentified person "Your husband is gone!" Well...we turn around and he IS gone. All of a sudden the boat starts jostling around and I say, This is where I stopped the movie last time. (But it wasn't a movie, it was a dream) Then we are all on deck and my serenaded beardy man is eaten :( by Moby Dick, who is FREAKY. He jostles our boat, and then leaves and then comes back and almost eats us. A lot of times. Then, the boat is a rockin and you know what that means? Yup, I fall into the water. Moby Dick is coming toward me, I am freaking, like I am going to die. Then all of a sudden, the second before I am eaten he turns into one of the amoeba people from Little Mermaid. You know the people Ursula sucks the soul out of? Moby Dick is now one of them, and I am saved! I get back on the boat. The End.

Now, I am definitely scared of whales.

And if the boy in my dream looked anything like him, I would like to go back and change my dream, so he would still be alive.


PS I forgot to post a tribute on his 2 year anniversary on the 22nd :(

4 comments:

  1. HA IN YOUR FACE. I TOLD YOU WHALES WERE FREAKY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This is where I stopped the movie last time". . . hahahaha! But yes, very random dream. Stay away from acquariums and Sea World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I love this because this is what all my dreams are like. They make so much sense to me when they are happening but when I remember them later they are just fragmented and strange. Not that your dream is strange....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Erin,
    Moby Dick is not a real whale, just like Jaws is not a real shark. Whales do not randomly attack boats and eat people.
    Love, Molli

    ReplyDelete