Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas!!!

This Christmas I went home and had a blast! So here are my favorite stories from my vacation...

The first Sunday home we had a Christmas fireside in the Young Single Adult Ward. I didn't really want to go because I thought it would be in the chapel and it would be all serious. But I went and it turned out to be in the cultural hall and it was riot. We all got programs, which included a few "surprise" items from people. After a few funny numbers, a couple of girls get up and sang "What child is this". After them, two more girls get up and sing a different version of "what child is this". After them two boys got up and sang a folksy version of "what child is this". Needless to say by the end of the night, we all knew what child that was.

Christmas Eve we have a family tradition to go out and look at Christmas lights. As we were out and about all around town we remembered that we were having the missionaries over the next morning for breakfast and games, and we decided to get them presents. So we hopped over to our local 99 cent store (we only buy super classy presents) and my dad, Erin and Lauren got out to find them stuff. They came back a while later with stuff for the missionaries and a Jonas Brothers calendar (for Lauren). She was very proud of herself because there was a sticker on it that said it was originally ten dollars, so she got a good deal. My mom was kind of upset and I didn't think anything of it. When we got home my mom pulled me aside to tell me that she bought Lauren the EXACT same Jonas Brothers calendar. For 10 dollars. A long time ago, and she didn't know where the receipt was. So Christmas morning, Lauren opened it up, and we all had a good laugh. I'm not sure if either were ever returned.

The next story is also about Lauren, but it doesn't mean I love her any less. She was planning on crocheting my mom two scarves for Christmas, my mom had even picked out the yarn for them. So Lauren kept on telling me she was getting around to it, but she hadn't started yet. Christmas morning came and I forgot all about it. Traditionally, we open our Santa presents first, then gifts from Lauren, me, Erin, Molli, etc starting with the youngest going up. So its time for us to find Laurens gifts, when she bolts upstairs and tells us all to wait for her. So we're talking, thinking that she just forgot to wrap something. She comes back downstairs with a box and hands it to my mom. My mom then opens it and its a piece of paper which says "Good for two scarves." We laughed for a LONG time after that, which made it by far my favorite moment over the break.

This one is also about Lauren..shes just very entertaining :) All my sisters and I were sitting around talking, and Molli asked if we thought of Lego (our dog) as our brother. And Lauren says, in a very serious voice that reminds me of the Lion King, "No....he is my son"

Other highlights from the break:
Playing Uno Flash with the elders, our cousins, our aunts and uncles, friends, friends of friends, close family, and just about every body.
We got a "just dance" game for the Wii which is the funnest thing since blogging.
Gingerbread House making contest.
Visiting Mount Diablo and being above the clouds. And seeing the pacific ocean.
Going to my grandparents house on Christmas and seeing all of my funny family!


Us with the Elders on Christmas. Pfaffroth(Pfaffy) and Hortman.


Gingerbread Houses!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren, what a nut. I laughed out loud reading this post. (Though I refuse to type the acronym.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it my imagination or is your hair now brown?! And I have to smile... what child that was... hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya - Dana, hair dye?? looks great! but I want to see in person. also, I still have high school musical 3.

    ReplyDelete