Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's a Mighty New Year!!!

It's a New Year!!! So many amazing things are happening, and I am setting goals like crazy. Let's hope I can keep them all :) And yes, in case you were wondering, this will be a semi-typical "new year" post. Don't hate me too much.

Over Christmas I asked my sister (who is engaged, and about to graduate from grad school) what her New Years Resolutions were and she said "To get married" and "Graduate." BORING!! and also not real resolutions because they are happening anyway.

Last year I made the resolution to read 25 books that I had never read before, and I read 40!!! For a little while in December I thought I could finish off the year with 52 books (one for every week) but I realized that the holidays are not exactly the best time to read 12 more books. Haha. But this year I have decided to read 52 books, and I really really hope I can do it. I have already read one, so go me! Also, this year I decided to let myself read books I've already read. So if I end up reading the Harry Potter series 7 times, so be it, it counts :) But, PLEASE send me your suggestions for books to read, because I am always on the lookout!

One of my bigger resolutions is to return phone calls (more often). (Is adding "more often" a cop-out? Yep.) Last year one of my resolutions was to be better at texting back, and now that I'm semi-decent at that, I decided I should call people back more often. If I haven't returned your phone call from 2011, just call me in 2012 and I will (hopefully) call you back in a semi normal amount of time. (I think my 2013 resolution will be to return emails, haha). ALSO, as my sister graciously reminded me, my answering machine message does say "I might call you back", so no promises!!

How can life be bad when there's this song out there?? (If you have not seen the new Muppets movie, you are SEVERELY missing out on true happiness).

No comments:

Post a Comment