Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fear


Why is it that every time I kill a bug in the shower or down a drain I am filled with fear and panic that it will come back up and seek its revenge against me? I hardly ever feel bad when I squish a bug, but sending it down the drain gives me the creeps. If I have to take a shower after I send the dastardly spider down to the depths of its death, I can't take my eyes off of the drain the whole time I'm in there. And if I have to turn around, I whip back really fast, just to make sure he hasn't snuck up on me. Sometimes I let the water run for a few minutes before I get in just to make sure he's really dead and gone. And I get all paranoid and I feel like bugs are crawling all over me. Its a very unsettled feeling and its the worst in the world. Is this the work of bug ghosts? Are they tormenting me for hurting their friends and loved ones? Probably. Goodness knows I'd do the same thing if someone sent my mom hurtling to her death down a drain, and drowning her in the process.

Conclusion:
Spiders and other bugs,
Stay out of my sink, toilet and shower. PLEASE. I will send you down the drain, and I don't want to have that unsettled feeling all because of a little thing like you. Thank you.
Best regards,
Dana

6 comments:

  1. You are hilarious. I laughed out loud. LOL! (Returning to my Aol instant messenger lingo.) There is something about showers because before I used to go to bed every night, I would check behind the shower curtain to make sure that no one was hiding there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very closely linked in motivation to my own fear of fish! But I won't go into that right now. But I consider your wariness completely justified--I personally can't think of anything that would aggravate me to exact revenge like being uncerimoniously washed down the drain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I'm especially afraid of flushing bugs down the toilet. I imagine putting my fleshy rump down on the porcelain to take a minute of personal pleasure when...BAM! The spider has crawled back up and bitten me on the bum! THAT can be very unsettling as well, and makes you learn how to pee REALLY fast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get super nervous too!!! My thing is that I'll squish a bug on the wall or something, and then forget to clean it up (probably because I'm naked). Then the next day I'll see it and keep looking suspiciously at it. This happens A LOT. If I were to run it down the drain I'd be suspicious and nervous too - absolutely. I think the theory of bug ghosts is very smart.

    ReplyDelete