Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vindicated

I finally saw V for Vendetta!!! All of my friends have been pushing me to see it for so long, and i finally did. And i LOVED it. It really hit me at the end (this will not ruin anything i promise) when everyone has their masks on and they are united in revolution, but then they take their masks off one by one and you see the faces of the living and the dead. It gave me chills. It just shows how we are united in one cause, but individual in our additions to the cause and in our personalities. It was amazing, I have to see it again because it had so many connections to favorite books of mine- Count of Monte Cristo, Faust and countless Shakespeare plays. If you have not seen it, go see it today.

Also, today I had my interview to be an EFY counselor and i will know in 2-4 weeks if i make it! I was so nervous, but luckily a friend from my ward was in the interview with me, so having him there made me less nervous.

And! Remember that girl that chewed on her hymnbook in my class? Well, her slightly less awkward friend today decided that she needed to sing "You Can't Stop The Beat" super loud to the class before it started. And she didn't know all of the words so it went something like this -- Motion of the ocean and the sjlkdaf froma dn fjsadkl adfjsdkfsjk adfjlds sjlskjf-- and then she'd skip to the chorus which she knew most of. And then sometimes her chewy hymnbook friend would sing a long. It was awkward.

And. Lauren comes to visit me in about 2 weeks!

The End!

2 comments:

  1. I saw this little movie trailer clip for Vendetta, and it looked really bloody. Like, I think there were all these knives flyin at a dude? Anyways, was it bloody, is my question. What is your opinion of this.

    Also, Lauren is so excited to come see you. So excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope that your interview went really well at the same time that i hope you didn't get the job! what the V?! what will our summer be without dana dana dana?

    ReplyDelete